Peruvian-inspired Grilled Rooster Skewers with Avocado Aji Verde Sauce are made with boneless skinless rooster thighs marinated with Latin spices, so flavorful and nice for summer season grilling!
Peruvian-inspired Grilled Rooster Skewers
These Peruvian-inspired Grilled Rooster Skewers made with boneless, skinless rooster thighs are juicy and so flavorful topped with a spicy avocado aji verde sauce. The rooster is marinated with beer, Sazon, cumin and spices. The creamy spicy sauce is so good, I’ve been placing it on my eggs, steak tacos, and so forth. I’ve made these Grilled Rooster Skewers just a few occasions prior to now month, they usually’ve been such successful with my household. They’re so scrumptious – the longer you marinate the rooster, the extra taste it can have. Loosely impressed by my favourite Peruvian rooster with inexperienced sauce solely straightforward to make all summer season on the grill. I just like the sauce spicy, so I depart the seeds from the jalapeno in, however you may make it milder by omitting the seeds.
Spicy Avocado Aji Verde Sauce
The creamy avocado sauce made with jalapeños can be very spicy if you happen to depart within the seeds, which is how I prefer it. A little bit goes a great distance! In the event you choose milder sauces, take away the seeds. This aji sauce will final 4 days within the fridge, so you need to use it over something from scrambled eggs and rice and beans to steak tacos and grilled rooster.
What’s aji sauce product of?
To make my spicy avocado aji verde sauce, mix all of the substances beneath:
- Liquid: Olive oil, white vinegar, water
- Aromatics: Garlic, cilantro
- Spices: Cumin and salt
Rooster Marinade Recipe
Mix all of the substances beneath in a bowl or zip-locked bag and marinate the sliced rooster thighs for not less than three hours or so long as in a single day.
- Gentle beer: I used Corona gentle, however Modelo or Dos XX would additionally work.
- Sazon with achiote: You should buy sazon from the grocery store or make your personal.
- White vinegar: In the event you don’t have common white vinegar, swap it for apple cider vinegar.
- Spices: Cumin, salt, garlic powder, oregano
Methods to Grill Rooster Skewers
- Put the sliced rooster thighs on metallic skewers. In the event you’re utilizing picket ones, you will want to soak them in water first. In the event you don’t need to make skewers, depart the thighs complete and skip this step.
- Preheat your grill to medium and oil the grates. Grill the rooster skewers for about 5 minutes on both sides.
What to Serve with Peruvian Grilled Rooster Skewers
I serve this grilled rooster with rice, and a few of my favourite summer season salads, like grilled corn salad and cucumber tomato salad.
Extra Latin Recipes You’ll Love:
Peruvian Grilled Rooster Skewers with Avocado Aji Verde Sauce
Grilled Rooster Skewers with Avocado Aji Verde Sauce are made with boneless skinless rooster thighs marinated with Latin spices, so flavorful and nice for summer season grilling!
- 2 lb boneless, skinless rooster thighs
- 6 oz gentle beer, I used Corona gentle
- 1 packet Sazon seasoning with achiote, 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Avocado Aji Verde Sauce (makes 2/3 cup)
- 1 ounce avocado
- 2 jalapeños, with seeds
- 3 tbsp contemporary cilantro
- 2 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Serving: 1skewer with sauce, Energy: 197kcal, Carbohydrates: 2.5g, Protein: 15g, Fats: 13g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 502mg
Key phrases: grilled rooster skewers, grilled rooster thighs